I mentioned in my last post that I had been struggling to write it - one of the reasons it was finally completed was that I wanted to move on to writing about the Great Bedroom Switch. When we moved into our current pad a little over three (count 'em) years ago, Quinster and Samuel Sheep wanted to share a bedroom - getting them set up with platform beds was the first real post in this blog as it happens.
They've both grown a lot bigger in the last few years - such that I've lost my place as tallest member of our quintet - and the desk spaces are not designed to accommodate anybody over five foot six. The upshot of all this is that Quinn Sheep shipped out to the spare room in the basement,* leaving Sam and myself to spruce up his new bedroom!
This is what the platform beds looked like with the trimmings removed. Sam and I had two of these to dismantle and stow away. Once the beds were removed it was clear we would have to make some repairs....!
A couple of weeks later the LED lighting Sam ordered showed up and we spent Saturday morning installing it.
(*yes, this is bad news for guests, if we ever have any again....)
(**ok, so I haven't had a wagon wheel since I left the uk, but that doesn't stop me from thinking about them...)