Thursday, November 29, 2018

Workshop Cabinets

I had a couple of old kitchen cabinets which I removed from the area where I put my workbench, and I wanted to install them at the other side of the basement. Unfortunately the front bedroom heating duct was in the way.


So I cut off the duct with my screaming wheel of death. There, that's much better.


Now I can put the cabinets exactly where I wanted to.


Framed out the recess below the smaller cabinet


Filled it in with some scrap pieces of what we used to call white "Conte Board" back in the day. I'm going to use this recess for recharging power tools/batteries.


Not a bad half-day's work, even if I do say so myself.


Finished up by replacing the original heating duct with some modern flexible, better insulated material.

No comments:

Post a Comment