Sunday, March 29, 2020

Fireplace Remodel Day Thirty Six

It's actually Sunday March 29, 2020 while I'm writing this. Yesterday was my twelth (12th) straight day of working on the house, and today I'm having a rest....although I did re-install the three window blinds in the office and dining room and re-hang the clock on my way to my desk.

Yesterday was painting day part two. We are painting the walls in the office and dining room with Benjamin Moore Natural Cream flat, to match the living area, hallway and kitchen. It has long been a tradition in my family to paint some kind of "picture" on the walls immediately prior to painting them....and Ruby Sheep took this to a new level:


Here's the view of the office after the first coat of paint was completed....Ruby's drawing was obliterated in the process...


While the first coat of paint was drying, I went back down to the workshop to see how the display case was coming on. The original cabinet had some poorly-applied green paint on the accents (shown below). I want to develop this concept for my own design.


My color scheme calls for part of the accents to be painted white - so I decided to do that bit first. Since the cabinet has already been painted with white primer, the accent paint does not add much contrast. You can just about make it out in the in-progress photo below:


While I had the white paint out I also put the final coat on the cabinet doors. I'll leave them to cure for a few days before I install them.


After that it was back upstairs to put another coat of paint on the walls in the office and dining room. Since it is the "weekend," Amy Sheep was around to help with the cutting in.


Came out great!  This project is now very close to completion.....watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment