This is the fireplace door - it's a lot heavier than it looks, and this is the main issue with reinstallation. Originally, the door sat directly on top of the stone hearth, but that won't be possible going forward...
After a quick visit to tut pillar drill, the supports were ready to be installed.
This is the concept: the brackets bolt into the brickwork at the sides of the firebox, and protrude just less than one inch forwards, providing two "shelves" for the doors to sit on.
The top of the firedoor was supported with steel cables which attach to a loop at the top of the firedoor, and a fastener at the top of the firebox.
This is the finished look, all ready for our first real fire!
While all this was going on I also found a few minutes to install the top panel at the revamped shoe rack. I used King's method for the glue up....
I couldn't clamp the panel, so I weighed it down overnight with a few bricks and a gas tank.
Came out real nice....stand by for a summary of the entire project!